Thursday, December 15, 2011

Who will fix yahoo mail and yahoo group message posting so they work compatiblely for punctuation marks?

If I compose a message with quotes, exclaimations, colons, and other punctuation marks with the "new" yahoo mail, special characters are embedded that appear as garbage when the message is posted on a yahoo group message data base. This problem still exists before beta yahoo mail became"the new" yahoo mail. Wil l I ever be able to write message to my group with the new mail?|||I also experience this problem. It just started recently. I think it may be tied to the fact that I need to switch between Spanish letters that have diacritical marks and English letters, therefore I use the United States International keyboard setting. If you have your keyboard set this way in the control panel tool, Text Services and Input Language, try selecting keyboard US instead. This makes it more cumbersome to type in bilingual fashion, so it is only a work around if it works at all. I am experimenting with this option. The real problem is probably with Yahoo or perhaps other settings that we need to make in the Text Services and Input Language control panel. I just started investigating this problem, and it is a complex issue. I may be leading you off track so beware. I only experience the problem in Yahoo Mail, no where else.

No comments:

Post a Comment