Monday, December 12, 2011

I would like to random match patient from 2 different group base on age, sex, location using microsoft excel ?

Well I have two group of patient ( hyperlipidemic patients) (50 patients) and (healthy patient) (550) so I would like to make a match from each group meaning.





If I have a hyperlipidemic patient ( female/40 years/ location A) I want the computer to randomly match it with a (female patient/ 40 years/ location A) from the healthy group.|||Do you want one control per patient (i.e., ONE healthy person matched to ONE hyperlipidemic patient) or multiple controls per patient?





Also, do you need exact or approximate age matches?





And, can each control patient be used only once (i.e., a given control person cannot be used as a match for more than one hyperlipidemic patient)?





I've used Excel for this purpose before, so let me know the answers to my questions and I should be able to help.





EDIT:





OK, I sent you a spreadsheet that seems to be working great.

No comments:

Post a Comment