Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I apply Computer Group Policies based on which User is logged in?

I want to use GPO's to assign a software package to every computer an admin logs in on. In security filtering I have just chosen my Administrators group, and the GPO applies all user policies, but ignores all computer policies. I'm assuming that this is because there are no computers in the security filtering. Is there a way to do what I want?|||You can apply policies to a Group of Users. Thus, a policy for Administrators only apply to ALL administrators. A policy for Limited Account will apply to ALL Limited Account users, Guest policy will apply to ALL Guests, etc; that it why it is called Group Policy and not as User Policy. Local Computer policies apply to ALL users.





Thus, you cannot apply a policy to a particular User account. It will obey the policy in which that User belongs to that particular Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment