Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where are the Hydrogen bases and phosphate group located in DNA?

Hi I need a little bit of help with my DNA project.





I don't have the slightest clue what hydrogen bases or what a phosphate group is, can someone help me out and tell me where in the DNA strand they're located in? maybe provide a link too? I'm sorry I'm asking too much but I suck at biology its so complicated :(





Thank you so much!|||A DNA helix looks rather like a ladder. The supports of the ladder are made of alternating sugar and phosphate groups. (The sugar is commonly depicted as a pentagon, the phosphate as a plus-like figure)


I have a feeling you meen Nitrogenous bases - these bases are bonded to the sugars, and make the horizontal rungs of the ladder.





Try http://science.howstuffworks.com/cellula鈥?/a> for some clear info. Hope this helps :)|||A DNA strand looks a bit like a twisted ladder. The "rungs" are the bases: adenosine, guanine, thymine and cytosine. The "side"of the DNA chain are made up of alternating sugar and phosphate molecules.Not sure what is meant by hydrogen bases but the phosphates are part of the DNA backbone. Hope that helps :) (sorry I havent got a website yet sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment